Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
1½ cups (343g) melted margarine
1 cup (300g) mashed banana
1 cup Alpro Oat Milk, plus 2 tablespoons
2 cups (226g) self-raising flour
1 cup (180g) brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup roughly chopped pecan nuts
1 cup (121g) icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin tray with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup of melted margarine with the mashed banana and 1 cup of Alpro Oat Milk until combined.
3. Sieve the flour in and add half of the brown sugar to the banana mixture. Stir until well combined and set aside.
4. In a smaller bowl, combine vanilla essence, the remaining sugar and ½ cup of margarine with the vanilla essence, cinnamon and pecan nuts. Gently fold ⅔ of the pecan mixture into the muffin batter, creating swirls of cinnamon in the batter.
5. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tray holes. Top each ‘muffin’ with the remaining pecan mixture.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
7. Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of oat milk and the icing sugar together until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the muffins.
8. Serve at teatime and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍