1½ cups (130g) Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellisimo Farfalle Pasta Bows
¼ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
1½ cups finely grated cheddar cheese
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ tsp sugar
½ cup black beans
1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
Serving suggestion: Sour cream
Fresh coriander sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 200℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Add the Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Farfalle Pasta Bows and allow to cook until al denté. Remove the pasta using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
3. Add about 3cm of oil to a shallow pot and allow it to preheat on a medium heat. *Chef’s Tip: Use the back of a wooden spoon to tell when the oil is ready; if bubbles appear around the base, the oil is at the correct temperature!
4. Shallow-fry the cooked farfalle pasta in the oil for about 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove and drain on paper towel. *Chef’s Tip: It is best to cook these in batches.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
6. Place half of the crispy pasta bows in a wreath-shaped ring on the lined baking tray. Sprinkle a third of the cheese on top of the pasta, layer the rest of the pasta over and top with another third of the cheese.
7. To make the salsa, mix together the tomatoes, onions, garlic, coriander, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Spoon the salsa around the innermost border of the pasta wreath. Follow with a border of the black beans, followed by the shredded chicken, ensuring that the wreath shape is maintained. Lightly scatter cheese on the top ensuring that the cheese doesn’t completely cover the toppings.
9. Bake the nacho-wreath for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
10. Serve with sour cream and guacamole scooped in the centre. Garnish with fresh coriander sprigs and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍