Serves 2 Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Hands-off time: 10 minutes
½ cup IMBO Butterfly Popcorn
½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
2 tbsp (28ml) vegetable oil
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp (28g) butter
1. Add the IMBO Butterfly Popcorn kernels, sugar, oil and salt into an extra-large microwave-safe bowl.
2. Stir the kernels to coat evenly in the sugar mixture.
3. Add the butter into the mixture and cover the bowl with a heatproof plate or microwave-safe lid, allowing enough space for the popping.
4. Microwave the popcorn kernels for about 5½ minutes on a medium heat. When the pops are 5 seconds apart, your popcorn is ready. Stay close to ensure the popcorn does not burn.
5. Using oven gloves, remove the bowl from the microwave and take the plate or lid off carefully.
6. Pour the caramel popcorn out into a bowl and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍