CHEESY CHUTNEY-MAYO CHICKEN STUFFED ONION RINGS
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
3 large onions
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
¼ cup tangy mayonnaise
2 tbsp fruit chutney
3 tbsp finely chopped chives, plus extra for garnish
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
2 large eggs, whisked
1 cup breadcrumbs
1. Peel the onions and cut into 3cm rings. Separate the rings and pair a larger onion ring with a smaller ring that fits neatly into the centre. Lay the onion rings pairs on a freezer-safe tray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, add the shredded chicken, mayonnaise, fruit chutney, chives and cheddar cheese. Stir until a thick consistency has formed.
3. Spoon about 1 ½ tbsp of the chicken mixture into the gaps between the onion rings until the middle ring is tightly in place.
4. Place the tray into the freezer for 2 hours until firm to the touch.*Chef’s Tip: Chilling the onion rings makes the breading step easier!
5. Once frozen, carefully roll the stuffed onion rings in the beaten egg then into the breadcrumbs.
6. Place about 6-8 breaded onion rings into the Philips 7.3L Smart Sensing XXL Airfryer on top of the Philips Grill Master Accessory Kit grill bottom and cook at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until the onion rings are golden brown and crisp. *Chef’s Tip: This can be done in batches as to not overcrowd the Airfryer.
7. Serve the onion rings piled on a platter with a sprinkling of the remaining chives ENJOY!
5-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 35 minutes
1 cup butter, melted
½ cup cocoa powder
1 cup castor sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup cake flour, sieved
1. Line the Philips Bake Master Accessory Kit for XXL Airfryer baking pan with baking paper, ensuring the paper comes up the sides of the tray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl combine the melted butter, cocoa powder, castor sugar, eggs and cake flour. Stir until a smooth and rich batter is achieved.
3. Transfer the brownie batter to the baking pan. Use the back of your spoon to smooth the top.*Chef’s Tip: Chocolate chips or chopped nuts can be added to the brownie batter.
4. Place the baking pan into the Philips 7.3L SmartSensing XXL Airfryer at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until the top of the brownie is crunchy and firm to the touch, while the centre is gooey.
5. Allow the brownies to cool in the tin for 20 minutes.
6. Once cooled, lift the brownie slab out of the tin using the excess baking paper.
7. Use a sharp knife to cut the brownie into 12-15 evenly sized squares.
8. Serve with a generous pour of custard, a helping of fresh berries and ENJOY!
SECRET-CENTRE CHEESY MEATBALLS Makes 20
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
500g lean beef mince meat
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
1 medium egg
1 tsp barbeque spice
½ tsp ground garlic powder
20 pieces cubed cheddar cheese
Coriander, finely chopped
1. Place the Philips Grill Master Accessory Kit for XXL Airfryer grill bottom into the Philips 7.3L SmartSensing XXL Airfryer.
2. In a medium-sized bowl combine the mince, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, egg, bbq spice and the garlic until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. *Chef’s Tip: Chicken mince can be used instead.
3. Scoop 1 tablespoon of seasoned mince into your hands.
4. Push a cube of cheese into the centre of the scoop and roll in between your palms until a neat round shape is achieved.
5. Evenly space the stuffed mince balls on the grill bottom leaving about 2 fingers worth of space in between. This can be done in batches as to not overcrowd the Airfryer. *Chef’s Tip: The balls can be frozen for up to 2 months, to be cooked from frozen when needed.
6. Air fry the meatballs for 10 minutes at 190°C or until the mince is cooked through and the balls are golden brown.
7. Allow the meatballs to cool on the grill mat for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving platter.
8. Serve the stuffed meatballs with a sprinkling of chopped coriander, a dipping bowl of tomato sauce, refreshing zesty lemonade and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍