Hands-on time: 45 minutes
Hands-off time: 15-20 minutes
2 cups Spekko Long Grain Parboiled White Rice, cooked
1 cup diced ham
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup cake flour
16 cubes mozzarella cheese
1½ cups breadcrumbs
Parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside until needed.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled White Rice, ham, salt and pepper, 1 egg, and ⅓ cup flour. Mix until well combined and sticky.
3. Carefully divide the mixture into 16 flat disks. Add the blocks of cheese to the centre of each disk and seal to enclose the cheese. Roll the mixture into 16 neat balls. Place the balls on a plate and freeze for about 30 minutes until slightly firm. *Chef’s Tip: Lightly grease your hands for easy rolling!
4. Place the remaining 2 beaten eggs, ⅔ cup of flour, and breadcrumbs into 3 separate shallow bowls to prepare the crumbing station.
5. Remove the balls from the freezer and coat each ball in flour, egg, and finally breadcrumbs. Place the dredged balls on the prepared baking tray and lightly spray with cooking oil, if available.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway, until golden brown and crispy. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, these can be cooked in an airfryer!
7. Once baked, arrange the ham & cheese bites on a platter. Garnish with parsley, serve with your favourite dipping sauce and ENJOY immediately!