Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 40 minutes
¾ cup (94g) Rama Original 70% Fat Spread, plus extra for greasing
1⅓ loaf (21 slices) sliced white bread, crusts removed
¾ cup jam, of choice
¾ cup (150g) sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
6 large eggs
1 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Using Rama Original 70% Fat Spread, grease a 20x25cm baking dish with a lid.
2. Spread ½ cup (63g) of Rama Original 70% Fat Spread over the bread slices, followed by the jam over the Rama layer. *Chef’s Tip: Rama is perfect for spreading, baking, and cooking!
3. In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the jam layer and roll each slice of bread neatly. Slice each bread roll in half.
4. Tightly stack the bread rolls, standing up, in the prepared baking dish.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and remaining ½ cup of sugar until well combined.
6. Pour the egg custard over the bread rolls and bake, covered, for 25 minutes or until cooked through. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, cover the dish with foil.
7. Remove the lid and spread ¼ cup of Rama over the dish. Bake uncovered for a further 10 minutes until the top is golden brown and slightly crispy.
8. Dust the bake with icing sugar, serve warm with vanilla custard and a sprig of mint to garnish, and ENJOY!