Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: 4 hours
4 large egg whites, at room temperature
¼ cup NESTLÉ Nesquik Strawberry Flavoured Drink
¾ cup castor sugar
1-2 drops pink food colouring (optional)
2 tbsp rainbow vermicelli
1. Preheat the oven to 100°C and line four baking trays with baking paper. Arrange 40 wooden lolly sticks on the trays, leaving a 5cm gap between each.
2. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. *Chef’s Tip: Squeeze a plastic bottle slightly and place the opening over a yolk. Allow the bottle to suck up the egg yolk for easy separation!
3. Beat the egg whites with an electric hand mixer for 1 minute until light and frothy.
4. Combine the NESTLÉ Nesquik Strawberry Flavoured Drink and castor sugar.
5. Add the Nesquik and sugar mixture to the egg whites, 2 tablespoons at a time, while continuously whisking. Beat for 2-3 minutes until the egg whites are shiny and stiff. *Chef’s Tip: Add a few drops of pink food colouring for an extra pop of pink!
6. Spoon the meringue mixture into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle. Chef’s Tip: Use a resealable bag with the corner cut off if you don’t have a piping bag!
7. Starting at the top end of a wooden lolly stick, pipe a meringue spiral and work outwards to form a disc that is about 3cm in diameter. Repeat with the rest and ensure the sticks are firmly attached.
8. At the top of each meringue disc, pipe two ears by piping a 3cm line for each. Using the tip of a butter knife, lightly drag a line through the top of each ear towards the head to ensure they are securely attached. Repeat with the rest.
9. Decorate the ears by sprinkling some rainbow vermicelli on top.
10. Bake for 1 hour. Switch the oven off and leave the bunnies inside for another hour. Cool at room temperature.
11. Once cooled, serve the meringue bunny pops as a sweet treat and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍