Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 7 minutes
1½ cups Kellogg's® Corn Flakes
1 cup (125g) cake flour
½ cup (100g) granulated white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup milk
¼ cup (57g) margarine, melted
½ tin (193g) canned apples, drained and cubed
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp honey
Vanilla ice cream
1. Add ½ a cup of Kellogg's® Corn Flakes to a large microwaveable bowl and crush the corn flakes with a base of a glass to form rough crumbs. *Chef’s tip: Kellogg’s All Bran Flakes can be used instead!
2. Add the cake flour, sugar, and baking powder to the bowl and mix until combined. Add the milk and melted margarine and mix until a batter has formed. *Chef’s Tip: Avoid over-mixing to ensure a light and fluffy cake!
3. Carefully fold the apples and cinnamon into the batter.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of corn flakes and honey until the corn flakes are completely coated.
5. Add the sticky corn flakes mixture evenly over the cake batter to form the crumble topping. Microwave the cake for 7 minutes or until the cake is cooked through. *Chef’s Tip: We used a 1300W microwave in recipe testing!
6. Serve warm with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of honey, and a sprig of mint, and ENJOY immediately!