Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 - 20 minutes
9 slices Albany Low G.I White Bread
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups milk
¼ cup condensed milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup crushed crunchie biscuits, optional
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 12-holed muffin tray with non-stick spray.
2. On a clean cutting board, cut the Albany Low G.I white Bread slices of bread into small cubes.
3. Make the milk tart custard base by whisking together the eggs, milk, condensed milk and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the bread cubes and mix them through until evenly coated.
5. Evenly divide the French toast mixture into the muffin holes. Generously sprinkle some of the crushed biscuits over each ‘muffin’ for added texture, if using and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
6. Remove the ‘muffins’ from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: The French Toast Muffins can also be baked in a muffin tray in the airfryer!
7. Serve the muffins warm with a drizzle of syrup and a dollop of whipped cream. *Chef’s Tip: These ‘muffins’ can also be packed as the perfect prep-ahead lunch box snack.