Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 30 minutes
2 tbsp oil
1 large onion, sliced
3 cardamom pods
2 cinnamon sticks
8 chicken thighs and drumsticks
1 large tomato, skinned and chopped
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp Hinds Chicken Spice
1 tsp Hinds Turmeric
1 tsp Hinds Crushed Chillies
1 tbsp Packo Masala Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
1 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
Salt and pepper, to season
Serving suggestion: Chopped fresh coriander
Yellow rice with raisins
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks and fry for 5 minutes until the onions are tender.
2. Add the chicken thighs and drumsticks and fry for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and fry for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, ground cumin, ground coriander, Hinds Chicken Spice, Hinds Turmeric, Hinds Crushed Chillies and Pakco Masala Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the garlic and ginger paste and potatoes. Add ¼ cup of water and cook for about 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is fully cooked. Season the curry with salt and pepper to taste.*Chef’s Tip: Add more water for a saucier curry.
5. Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander over the curry. Serve with yellow rice with raisins and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍