Serves 12 sandwiches
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
1 cup (230g) baking margarine, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 large egg
1¼ cup cake flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup (40g) Kellogg’s® All Bran® Flakes
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Add the margarine and sugar to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture turns a light pale colour.
3. Add the vanilla essence and egg and whisk once more.
4. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and Kellogg’s® All Bran® Flakes. Mix carefully until a cookie dough forms, ensuring the bran flakes don’t crumble too much.*Chef’s Tip: All Bran Flakes keep you fuller for longer!
5. Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop out 24 even-sized balls and arrange them on the baking dish.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Set the cookies aside to cool until cold to the touch.*Chef’s Tip: Ensure the cookies cool completely before filling to ensure the peanut butter won’t melt.
7. Spoon 1 teaspoon of peanut butter followed by 1 teaspoon of jam onto the inside of 12 of the cooled cookies. Place a plain cookie over the top of the peanut butter and jelly, creating a sandwich.*Chef’s Tip: Any flavour jam can be used!
8. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or serve immediately and ENJOY!