Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 70 minutes
½ cup golden syrup
½ (113g) cup butter
½ cup coconut flakes
2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran Flakes
¾ cup rolled oats
1 cup cake flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 large fresh peaches
½ cup dried cranberries
Serving suggestion: Berry iced tea
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan-assisted and line a 20x20 square baking dish with baking paper.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the syrup and butter. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every minute to ensure the syrup doesn’t burn.*Chef’s Tip: The golden syrup can be swapped out for honey if preferred.
3. Add the coconut, Kellogg's® All-Bran Flakes, oats, flour, bicarbonate of soda and mix until a dough just starts to form.
4. Chop the peaches into about 3 cm sized chunks.
Add the chopped peaches and dried cranberries to the dough mixture and mix through until well dispersed. Tinned peaches can be used if preferred.*Chef’s Tip: Be careful not to overmix and break down the peaches.
5. Press the mixture into the lined baking dish pressing down with your fingertips until the top is flat.
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden on top and firm to the touch. Remove the dish from the oven and allow the crunchies to cool for about 8 minutes in the dish.*Chef’s Tip: If using tinned peaches, bake for an extra 10 minutes to ensure a crunchy texture.
7. Cut the cooled crunchies into equal sized squares, serve alongside a berry iced tea and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍