Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
2 cups Fatti's & Moni's Bellissimo Farfalle Pasta Bows
1 tsp butter
¼ cup (60ml) store-bought peri-peri sauce
¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice, plus 1 tsp lemon zest
1½ cups leftover cooked chicken, chopped
1 cup (125g) grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup baby spinach, optional
Serving suggestion: Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Allow the Fatti's & Moni's Bellissimo Farfalle Pasta Bows to boil in 2 cups of water until al dente for about 6-8 minutes.
2. In a medium pot, add ¼ cup of pasta water, the butter, peri-peri sauce, lemon juice and lemon zest, chopped chicken and grated cheese. Simmer the sauce for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Any peri-peri sauce heat level can be used. *Chef’s Tip: Using Pasta Water thickens the pasta sauce.
3. Strain off the rest of the pasta water and stir the cooked pasta through the thickened sauce.
4. When combined, fold through the baby spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle over chopped parsley then serve the pasta immediately and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍