Serves 12 Hands-on time: 40 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
¾ pack (150g) coconut biscuits
⅓ cup(75g) melted butter
1 pack (80g) strawberry flavoured jelly
½ cup(125ml) Schweppes Floral Pink Tonic Water
⅓ cup (80ml) gin
1½ tubs (250g each) cream cheese, softened
⅓ cup (125g) condensed milk
½ cup (125ml) cream
12 fresh strawberries, sliced thinly
Serving suggestion: Gin & tonic
1. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Place the coconut biscuits into a resealable bag and crush using a rolling pin.
3. Sprinkle the crushed biscuits into a mixing bowl and mix in the melted butter. Using a teaspoon, transfer and press the biscuit mixture into each cupcake liner.
4. To a medium heatproof bowl, add a ¼ cup of boiling water and strawberry jelly powder and stir. Place into the microwave for 5-10 seconds to help the jelly dissolve.
5. Add the Schweppes Floral Pink Tonic Water and gin to the jelly and mix. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature, about 5 minutes.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth, about 30 seconds.
7. Mix half of the cooled jelly into the cream cheese mixture.
8. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until medium-stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
9. Pour the cheesecake filling over the prepared biscuit bases using a serving spoon for consistent quantities.
10. Place the muffin tin in the fridge and allow the cheesecakes to start setting while you prepare the next steps.
11. Drop the sliced strawberries into the remaining half of the gin jelly and set aside until needed. *Chef’s Tip: gelatine is heat reversible! So if this jelly sets before the individual cheesecakes are ready, warm it in the microwave for 5 seconds to liquify again.
12. Once the cheesecakes are firm to the touch, spoon about a tablespoon of strawberry jelly onto each individual cheesecake and refrigerate overnight until completely set.
13. Gently demould each cheesecake by removing the muffin liners and decorate the top with some mint leaves. Serve alongside a pink gin & tonic and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍