Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
4 slices of thick-sliced sandwich bread
2 tsp NESCAFÉ Ricoffy
1 medium egg
1 cup low-fat milk
2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
¼ cup (95g) NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk, ice cold
Serving suggestion: Fresh mixed berries
Cup of Ricoffy
1. Cut each of the thick slice sandwich bread into 4 fingers, you should have 16 fingers in total.*Chef’s Tip: This is a great way to use up leftover bread.
2. In a medium bowl add 1 teaspoon of the Ricoffy granules, eggs, milk and cinnamon sugar. Whisk until a smooth custard forms. *Chef’s Tip: To make the cinnamon sugar, mix 1 tsp of ground cinnamon to 1 cup of castor sugar.
3. Heat a medium-sized non-stick pan until medium heat has been reached.
4. Gently dip the cut bread fingers in the Ricoffy custard until evenly coated.
5. Fry the coated fingers on the hot pan on each side until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
6. In the meantime, add the remaining 1 teaspoon of Ricoffy and the ice cold NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk to a bowl. Using an electric whisk, whisk the ideal milk until soft peaks have formed.*Chef’s tip: Soft peak is reached when the scooped ideal milk just holds its shape.
7. Once the fingers are cooked, place them onto a serving platter to serve immediately. The french toast fingers are best served hot.
8. Pile 2 Ricoffy French Toast fingers on a side plate with a dollop of Ricoffy cream, a sprinkling of fresh berries and a mint leaf. Serve the French toast fingers with a cup of Ricoffy and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍