2 – 3 jalapeño chillies
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
4 tbsp Rose’s Passion Fruit Flavoured Cordial
2 limes, quartered
1 tsp sugar (for muddling)
1 passion fruit
1 shot of tequila
Rose’s Passion Fruit & Lemonade Flavoured Drink, 330ml
Cayenne pepper, for the glass (optional)
Jalapeño slices, to garnish
Lime slices, to garnish
1. Remove the stems from the jalapeños, and halve them lengthwise.
2. In a pan, heat the water on high to a near boil and then add the sugar and passionfruit cordial. Stir continuously until the sugar dissolves.
3. Add the jalapeño pepper halves, and bring the liquid to a quick boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. The sugar-water will begin to thicken and you may see it take on colour from the chilies.
5. Remove the syrup from the heat. Let it cool to room temperature, once cooled strain and set aside.
6. Muddle limes with 1 tsp of sugar.
7. Dip both serving glasses into the jalapeño syrup and rim the glasses with cayenne pepper.
8. Pour 1 shot of the syrup into the bottom of each glass over ice and top each with the muddled lime and the passion fruit pulp.
9. Add a shot of tequila and top up each drink with Passion fruit & Lemon flavoured drink.
10. Garnish with lime and jalapeno slices & ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍