Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour 15 minutes
3 SPAR Freshline Oranges
¼ cup honey
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 pack (8 piece) SPAR Select Chicken Star Pack
1½ packs SPAR Tender & Tasty Streaky Bacon
Serving suggestion: Chopped parsley
Orange sweet potato mash
Rocket salad with orange segments and thinly sliced red onion
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C using the fan-assisted setting.
2. Using the fine side of a grater, zest the skin of one SPAR Freshline Orange into a medium sized baking dish (26cmx18cm).
3. Slice the zested SPAR Freshline Orange in half and squeeze the juice into the baking dish. Add the juice of the other two oranges. Chef’s Tip: Juice the oranges over a sieve to catch any pips!
4. Add the honey, sweet chili sauce and soy sauce. Whisk until combined.
5. Remove the SPAR Select Chicken from the pack. Gently remove the chicken skin and pat dry with a paper towel. *Chef’s Tip: Use 2 pieces of paper towel to easily pull off the chicken skin!
6. Tightly wrap one or two slices of SPAR Tender & Tasty Streaky Bacon over a chicken piece, ensuring the entire portion is covered in bacon. Repeat with the rest.
7. Place the bacon wrapped chicken in the sauce. Lightly spoon the sauce over the chicken to ensure all the pieces are coated evenly.
8. Roast the chicken for 30 minutes on the middle shelf. Turn the pieces over and roast for a further 30 minutes until cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
9. Turn the chicken pieces over and scatter some parsley on top. Add more orange zest, if preferred.
10. Serve the sticky chicken portions with some orange sweet potato mash and an orange, red onion and rocket salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍