Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 45 minutes
¼ cup TABASCO® Sauce or TABASCO® Jalapeño Sauce
½ cup (165g) honey
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tbsp (45g) butter, cubed
3 tbsp fresh grated ginger
2 tbsp crushed garlic
1 kg pork belly
½ tsp each salt and pepper to season
Steamed broccoli florets
Fresh coriander, chopped
1. Lightly grease the airfryer basket with non-stick spray and set aside until needed. *Chef’s Tip: The pork bites can also be cooked in the oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes.
2. Combine the TABASCO® Sauce, honey, soy sauce, butter, ginger and garlic in a small pot. Place the pot on medium-low heat and simmer until the glaze has reduced and thickened significantly or for about 15-20 minutes. Stir the glaze occasionally to ensure it doesn’t burn. *Chef’s Tip: The TABASCO® Jalapeño Sauce can be used if preferred!
3. Place the pork belly on a clean cutting board, and pat dry using a paper towel .*Chef’s Tip: Use any protein of your choice!
4. Using a very sharp knife, cut the pork belly into even-sized 3cm cubes. Season with salt and pepper if using. Add the pork belly to a clean medium-sized bowl. Pour half of the prepared glaze over the pork and mix until evenly coated.
5. Arrange the glazed pork belly in the prepared basket in an even layer. Cook the bites in batches so as not to overcrowd the basket. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tender, golden brown and sticky.
6. Remove the tray from the airfryer and add them to the leftover glaze. Mix the pork belly bites until evenly coated. Serve the bites alongside rice and steamed broccoli. The bites can also be served on skewers as an appetiser platter. Garnish with the served bites with sesame seeds and chopped fresh coriander. Serve immediately and ENJOY!