Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 30 minutes
8 slices Albany Best of Both White Bread
400g Italian pork sausages
3 spring onion sprigs, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
½ cup dried cranberries, optional
2 large eggs
1 cup chicken stock
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C, lightly grease a medium-sized 19x30cm rectangular baking dish and set aside until later.
2. On a clean cutting board, cut the Albany Best Of Both White Bread slices into 6 logs vertically and horizontally, creating small cubes. Set this aside until needed.
3. Use a small knife to cut an incision along the length of the sausage, opening the casing. Spoon the sausage meat into a large mixing bowl and discard the casing .*Chef’s Tip: Any sausage can be used.
4. Add the sliced spring onions, dried cranberries, if using and eggs to the sausage meat. Mix until well combined.
5. Add the bread cubes to the sausage mixture and stir until evenly coated .*Chef’s Tip: Pitted green olives and chopped apples can be added here for extra flavour.
6. Spoon the stuffing mixture into the prepared baking dish and pour over the chicken stock. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the stuffing is golden brown and the sausage is cooked. *Chef’s Tip: The unbaked mixture, minus the stock, can be used to stuff any meat cavity for extra flavour if preferred.
7. Garnish with a sprinkling of sliced spring onion. Serve as a summer side dish, and ENJOY!