Smoothies for the Week
For the beans:
2 cups IMBO small white beans
For the 5 smoothie packs:
5 cups baby spinach
2 & 1/2 bananas cut into pieces (frozen)
1 & 1/4 cup Full Cream plain Greek yogurt, frozen (about 10 ice cubes)
5 cups mixed frozen fruit (mangoes, pineapple, strawberries)
When blending each pack:
1 to 1¼ cups water OR milk (dairy, almond, coconut, whatever kind you like)
Honey to taste
For the beans:
1. Pour 2 cups small white beans into a pot, cover with water and boil for 5 minutes. Switch off the heat and allow the beans to soak for an hour in the boiling water.
2. Drain the beans and refill the pot before bringing to the boil and cooking until soft. About 40 – 50 minutes. Drain the beans once cooked & set aside.
For the bean cubes:
1. Once the beans are cool - pour them into a blender with half a cup of water and blits until a smooth consistency is achieved.
2. Pour the bean mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Cut off the corner of the bag, squeeze the bean mixture into an ice tray and freeze.
For the yoghurt cubes:
1. Pour the yoghurt into a resealable bag, repeat the above process and freeze.
For the frozen smoothie packs:
1. Place 1 cup of baby spinach, ½ chopped banana, 2 to 3 bean cubes, 2 yoghurt cubes and 1 cup of mixed frozen fruit (mangoes, pineapple and strawberry) into each of the five reusable plastic bags and freeze until needed.
2. Blend the contents of each bag with 1 to 1¼ cups milk (of choice), adding a drizzle of honey - if desired. (If you choose a dairy-free option - we would recommend you use a whole banana in each pack to maintain creaminess.)
3. Serve & ENJOY!