For the cake:
3 cups (450g) self-rising flour, sifted
1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
2 2/3 cups (590g) caster sugar
300g butter, melted
1 ¾ cups (440ml) milk
6 eggs, lightly whisked
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 drop of purple food colouring
1 drop of pink food colouring
1 drop of yellow food colouring
1 drop of green food colouring
For the white chocolate buttercream frosting:
250g butter, softened
1 ½ cups (240g) icing sugar, sifted
375g white chocolate
For the secret center & toppings:
Beacon Jelly Tots Original 100g prepack
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line 2 round cake pans with baking paper.
2. Combine both flours, sugar, butter, milk, eggs and vanilla essence in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric beater; mix on low speed for 2 minutes or until just combined. Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes or until the mixture is thick and pale.
3. Evenly divide cake mixture into 4 bowls; add a drop of food colouring to each bowl and mix well. Pour the cake batters into the cake tins; position the shelf in the centre of the oven and place all the tins on the same shelf. Bake for 30- 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. (if you only have 2 cake tins, do this step in 2 batches)
For the white chocolate buttercream:
1. Using the electric mixer, beat butter in a medium bowl until pale and creamy; add icing sugar and beat for a further 3 minutes.
2. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave, add slowly to the buttercream & continue beating until smooth & creamy.
1. Level the cakes by cutting just enough off the tops to ensure they will stack evenly.
2. Cut a 10cm round from the centre of 2 cakes using a cookie cutter. (try to be as accurate as possible so that the holes line up perfectly) Remove and discard centres.
3. Place 1 whole cake on a serving plate. Spread ¼ cup of the buttercream icing over top of cake. Top with 1 cut cake. Spread 3 tbsp icing over the top of the cake. Top with the remaining cut cake. Spread top and inside the hole with ¼ cup icing. Spoon or pour enough Jelly Tots into the centre of cake to fill to the top of the hole. Top with remaining whole cake layer. Spread remaining buttercream icing over top and side of the cake
4. Sprinkle Funfetti all over the top and sides of the cake
5. Slice to reveal the secret center & ENJOY!