Tastic bonnet rice
1 cup cooked black beans
1/2 cup roughly chopped red and yellow peppers
1/2 cup roughly chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup sweet corn
1/2 cup shredded zucchini
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/4 tsp cumin
- Crispy streaky bacon pieces
- Rosa tomatoes
1. Bring 1 cup Tastic bonnet rice to a boil in lightly salted water and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes.
2. In a food processor blitz 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms and set aside.
3. Repeat the process individually blitzing 1/2 cup peppers, 1 cup cooked black beans and 1/2 cup sweet corn.
4. Lastly blitz the Tastic bonnet rice.
5. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl with 1 cup grated zucchini, 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, 1 egg, 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop portions of the rice mixture onto square pieces of baking paper. Place a second piece of baking paper over the rice mixture and flatten,sing a weight if needed.
7. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan before frying each rice fritter for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp on each side.
8. Serve the fritters stacked with smashed avo, rosa tomatoes, crispy bacon, crumbled feta, a creamy dressing and ENJOY!