2 Knorrox Curried Vegetable Stock Cubes
500ml hot water
500g mix of lamb knuckle, shank or chops
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsp oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 Robertsons bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
2 tsp Robertsons ground cumin
1 tbsp Rajah curry powder
1 tin of chopped tomato
1 onion, roughly chopped
¼ cup butternut
¼ cup mushrooms
¼ cup potato, cut into quarters or smaller if needed
¼ cup carrot, sliced
Fresh parsley to garnish
2 hard shelled large bread rolls
1. Dissolve the Knorrox stock cubes in the hot water and set aside.
2. Add the oil to a cast iron oven safe pot, brown the lamb & season with salt & pepper.
3. Once browned remove from the pot and set aside.
4. Add the diced onions, garlic, spices, and fry for a few minutes before adding the stock and the tinned chopped tomato.
5. Add the lamb back to the pot and add the rosemary.
6. Add the butternut, mushrooms, potato and carrot.
7. Bring up to the boil then place in the oven for 90-120min, at 160°C until the veggies are soft.
8. Slice the top off of two crusty bread rolls and scoop out some of the center to hollow the bread rolls out.
9. Spoon the vegetable curry potjie into the bread roll & top with fresh herbs to garnish.
10. Serve hot with the lid on the side for dunking & ENJOY!