3 large eggs, divided
1 ½ cups mozzarella, grated
450g beef mince
½ cup bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
1 tin of chopped tomato & onion
1 Knorrox stock cubes – Tomato & Onion Flavour
1 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Cook the spaghetti for about 8 minutes so they are soft but not entirely cooked.
3. Drain and rinse the spaghetti under cold water.
4. In a large bowl, toss cooled spaghetti with 2 beaten eggs and mozzarella.
5. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and using a fork, twirl the spaghetti into the cups, making a “nest.”
6. Using the bottom of a shot glass, firmly press down to create a well.
7. Bake until set, 10 - 15 minutes. Let cool. (If nests puffed up while baking, press down again with shot glass.)
8. While noodle cups bake, make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine beef mince, bread crumbs, garlic, remaining egg and parsley.
9. Season with salt and pepper. Roll into balls.
10. In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Brown meatballs, 4 minutes per side. Pour over the tinned tomato & onion, add Knorrox stock cube, 1 cup of water and allow to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
11. Spoon one meatball into each spaghetti nest, topped with some sauce.
12. Sprinkle with grated cheese and pop back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
13. Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and ENJOY!