1 cup Tastic Bonnet Rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 cup almonds
1. Boil 1 cup Tastic bonnet rice in 3 cups water until soft.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet with 1 tbsp butter, 1 onion finely chopped, 1 tbsp crushed garlic, 1 chopped chili, 1 tsp cumin and 1/2 cup almonds. Brown the mixture.
3. Combine the mixture with the cooked rice and stir through a handful of chopped coriander.
4. Boil 5 eggs for 4 minutes until soft and place in an ice bowl to cool.
5. Once cooked, peel the eggs.
6. Spoon 1 tbsp of rice mixture onto a square piece of clingfilm. Dip the boiled egg in the flour before placing it in the center of the rice mixture. Bring the corners of the clingfilm together and coat the egg fully in the rice mixture.
7. Dip the coated egg in flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
8. Deep fry the scotch eggs in hot oil until golden and crispy.
9. Slice open to reveal the egg center, and ENJOY!