Makes 12 muffins
1¾ cups cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ cup oil
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup full cream plain yoghurt
1 cup finely grated carrots
1¾ cups Kellogg’s™ Crunchy Granola With A Hint of Cinnamon
1 tub (230g) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup icing sugar
3 tsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
5. Carefully fold in the yoghurt, grated carrots and 1 cup of Kellogg’s™ Crunchy Granola With A Hint of Cinnamon.
6. Add a heaped spoonful of the batter into each muffin tin cup.
7. Whisk together the cream cheese and icing sugar using a fork. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the centre of the carrot cake batter and top with more batter, filling the cups ¾ full. *Chef’s Tip: Keep the remaining cream cheese mixture to drizzle over the muffins before serving.
8. Sprinkle the remaining granola over each muffin and bake for about 15 minutes.
9. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
10. Prepare a glaze by stirring about 3 teaspoons of milk into the remaining cream cheese mixture to achieve a runny consistency. Garnish with a drizzle of the cream cheese glaze.
11. Serve for breakfast and ENJOY!