Smarties Cookies on a Stick
½ cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
½ cup treacle sugar
¼ cup white sugar
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp baking soda
1 ¼ cups cake flour
1 ½ cups Smarties from the Smarties fun pack
1 slab milk chocolate
12 Popsicle sticks
Yield: 12 Cookies
1. In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla essence.
2. Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour, being careful not to overmix.
3. Fold in the Smarties with a wooden spoon.
4. Wrap the cookie dough in cling film and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 180°C.
6. Create a small ball of the cookie dough in your hands and place onto a greased baking sheet. Be sure to space them out well to allow for spreading.
7. Press a wooden popsicle stick in the middle of each dough ball
8. Bake for 8-9 minutes. The cookies will spread as they bake
9. The cookies will be soft and may appear undone but will begin to firm up as they cool down.
10. Allow to cool completely before lifting off the tray.
11. Melt the chocolate gently in the microwave before dipping each cookie in it. While the chocolate is wet, stud with a few more Smarties and allow to set. Serve and ENJOY!