1 cup IMBO Split peas
1 cup IMBO Red lentils
2 tbsp olive oil for frying
1 onion - diced
1 clove garlic - crushed
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander
1 tbsp cumin
1 cup roughly chopped spinach
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp chickpea flour
1. Boil 1 cup of split peas together with 1 cup of red lentils until cooked, drain and set aside to cool.
2. In a medium pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil and brown 1 diced onion together with 1 clove crushed garlic.
3. Once browned add 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp cumin, chilli, the drained split peas and red lentils and 1 cup roughly chopped spinach. Stir the mixture to combine.
4. Add 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 2 tbsp chickpea flour, fresh coriander and lemon juice to the mixture.
5. Using a scoop divide the mixture into equal sized balls and place them on a tray lined with baking paper.
6. Brush each fritter with olive oil and sprinkle a few sesame seeds over each.
7. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
8. Serve the fritters in a garden salad topped with a creamy dressing and ENJOY!