1 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp apricot jam
1 cup flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vinegar
1 cup Amarula
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2/3 cup cream
Pinch of salt
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and 1 egg with a hand-held mixer.
2. Add the butter, apricot jam, flour and bicarb to the mixture. Stir to combine.
3. Once combined add milk, vinegar and 1/2 cup Amarula to the bowl and mix until smooth.
4. Place cupcake liners into a muffin pan. Pour the mixture into the cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 of the way to the top.
5. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 180°C.
6. While the puddings are baking, heat caster sugar, melted butter and cream in a saucepan over a medium heat.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil, once boiling add a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup Amarula.
8. Keep the sauce on the heat until it caramelises.
9. Once caramelised pour the sauce over each pudding in the muffin tray and allow it to soak in.
10. Serve each pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and ENJOY!