Super Cheesy Br(egg)fast Roll
2 bread rolls (soft or crusty)
2 slices of ham
2 tbsp oil
½ punnet sliced button mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 avocado, diced (optional) for serving
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Sauté the sliced mushrooms and garlic in a little oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Cut the tops off the bread rolls.
4. Scoop out the centre and reserve (can be used to make breadcrumbs)
5. To be neat, use a small knife to cut a round outline before scooping out the center.
6. Line the bread bowl with a layer of ham. Try to use one whole piece if you can because then there is less chance of egg seeping through and being soaked up by the bread.
7. Add a spoonful of the sautéed mushrooms and crack in an egg.
8. Top each with mozzarella cheese and a sprinkling of parsley.
9. Put the top back on each roll. Bake the rolls wrapped with foil for 30 - 45 minutes on a baking sheet, or, bake the rolls unwrapped, no foil and without the bread lid, for 15 - 20 minutes.
10. Remove the rolls from oven, unwrap and serve immediately with fresh diced avocado on the side. ENJOY!