For the meringue:
Oil for greasing the baking paper
6 egg whites
330g caster sugar
2 tbsp plain flour
60g ground almonds
For the filling:
200g milk chocolate chopped
50g salted butter
120ml double cream
4 - 5 KitKat Originals (now with more milk & cocoa) 45g
Handful of toasted flaked almonds
Dark chocolate, melted, to drizzle
1. Heat the oven to 180°C. Line a 23cm x 33cm lipped baking tray with baking paper, then lightly oil the paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until thick, glossy and holding medium peaks.
3. On a low speed, whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then add the flour and ground almonds until just combined.
4. Spread the meringue evenly into the tin then bake for 8 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 160°C and cook for a further 20-25 minutes. Lift the meringue from the tin on its paper and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then invert onto another piece of baking paper to cool completely.
5. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. When melted, add the butter and stir gently, then leave to cool for 15 minutes. Add the cream gradually.
6. When the meringue has cooled, spread the chocolate ganache over the meringue in an even layer topped with a layer of individual Kit Kat fingers.
7. Carefully roll up the meringue, using the baking paper to help. Wrap the paper tightly around the roll and chill for at least 3 hours.
8. To serve drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds. Slice and ENJOY!