Super Simple Creamy Tomato Pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion
3 cups cherry tomatoes
2 medium red peppers
5 garlic cloves, leave whole
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
Salt & pepper to taste
Handful fresh basil leaves
½ cup cream
300g Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Linguine 100% Durum Wheat
¼ cup parmesan, shavings
1. Preheat the oven to 200.
2. Chop the red pepper and the red onion into large chunks.
3. Add the red pepper chunks, onion, whole garlic cloves and cherry tomatoes varying onto a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and top with a sprinkle of dried herbs, salt and pepper.
4. Mix together with your hands to ensure all the veggies are evenly coated.
5. Spoon about a cup of the roasted cherry tomatoes off the tray and set aside for later.
6. Spoon the rest of the roasted ingredients into the blender. Add a handful of basil leaves and blitz to form a puree. Add the cream and adjust the seasoning, to taste. Blitz for another 10 seconds to blend well.
7. To cook the pasta, bring a medium/large pot to the boil, filled halfway with salted water.
8. Add a tablespoon of oil and the Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Linguine to the water and cook uncovered, until al denté, 7 – 8 minutes. Stir a few times during cooking to prevent the pasta sticking to one another.
9. Drain the pasta and add back to the pot.
10. Pour the creamy tomato-based sauce over the pasta and mix well. Add the blistered cherry tomatoes and allow to heat through on a low temperature.
11. Serve four portions of pasta and garnish each bowl with parmesan shavings and fresh basil leaves. Serve and ENJOY!!