3 tbsp olive oil
2 Kara Orange sweet potatoes, grated
6 tomatoes on the vine
1 tbsp vinegar
¼ tsp garlic
A pinch of dried chilli flakes
Salt & pepper
1. Place the tomatoes in an oven-proof dish.
2. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with coarse salt & pepper and roast in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. Press the grated sweet potato onto paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
4. In a bowl, mix the grated sweet potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic.
5. Heat a pan, add the oil and cook the rosti’s on each side until nice and golden.
6. In the meantime, halve the avocado and slice very thinly. Then spread the slices slightly and roll to form a rose.
7. Bring some water to the boil and then allow to simmer. Add a couple of drops of vinegar to the water.
8. Crack each egg into a bowl or saucer, this makes it easier to slide into the water.
9. Switch off the heat and stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool, slowly tip the egg into the center of the whirlpool. Poach for 3 – 4 minutes to achieve a soft yolk.
10. Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towel.
11. Repeat the process with the second egg.
12. Place each rosti on a plate. Top each rosti with an avocado rose. Place the eggs in the center of each avocado rose.
13. Serve with baked tomatoes and finish with some chilli flakes and salt. ENJOY!
* Note – A soft boiled egg will work just as well with this recipe! Add an egg to rapidly boiling water for 5min. Peel and serve as above.