Sweet & Sticky Popcorn Cake
¾ cup popcorn kernels
Oil, enough to coat popcorn
½ cup butter
500g, regular marshmallows (white)
1 cup Smarties
1 slab milk chocolate (Aero)
Canned whipped cream
1. Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Add oil and popcorn kernels to the pot and close the lid.
3. Pop over a medium heat (be sure to be attentive to popcorn to avoid burning the popcorn)
4. Once popped pour the popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
5. Heat the butter and marshmallows in a pot over low heat until melted.
6. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and stir to combine.
7. Add 1 cup of Smarties to the popcorn mixture and stir to combine.
8. Press the popcorn mixture into the bundt pan and allow to sit for an hour or until set.
9. Bring water to the boil in a pot, and put a bowl or a pan on top of it.
10. Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
11. Stir well until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
12. Invert the bundt pan onto a plate and remove the popcorn cake.
13. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the cake (to form a solid icing-like layer) and sprinkle with vermicelli. Squirt whipped cream swirls onto the cake. Top each peak with a glace cherry.
14. Slice, serve and ENJOY!