Tuna Bake with a Gluten-Free Crust
For the Rice Crust:
1 ½ cups Spekko Saman Brown Rice
Salt to taste
3-4 cups water
⅓ cup yoghurt
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
For the filling:
3 tins tuna 170g, drained
1 tin sweetcorn, drained
½ cup feta, crumbed
⅓ cup peppadew, cut into strips
1 cup cream
½ cup milk
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Simple rocket salad
Spring onion, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cook rice according to the pack instructions and add salt to taste.
3. Mix the yoghurt and eggs together. Add them to the rice & mix.
4. Once combined add the grated mozzarella and stir to combine.
5. Grease a springform cake tin and line the bottom with baking paper.
6. Spoon the rice mixture into the tin and use a spatula to press the mixture over the bottom and sides.
7. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until crisp and slightly browned.
8. Allow to cool.
1. Reduce the oven temperature to 165°C.
2. Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk and season to taste.
3. Add the tuna, sweetcorn, feta and peppadews to the egg mixture and pour onto the rice base.
4. Bake for 1 ½ hours until golden & centre is just set.
5. Remove from the oven & allow to fully set.
6. Slice & serve with a simple rocket salad and a dollop of sour cream.
7. Garnish with sliced spring onion.