Unicorn Cheesecake in a Microwave
150g vanilla biscuits
¼ cup melted butter
1 kg plain double cream yoghurt
1 can condensed milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
20g gelatine powder (2 sachets)
6 tbsp cold water
A few drops Moir’s Food Colouring – Crimson Pink
A few drops Moir’s Food Colouring – Sky Blue
A few drops Moir’s Food Colouring – Egg Yellow
A few drops Moir’s Food Colouring – Apple Green
1 cup full cream milk, chilled
150 g Moir’s Mousse White Chocolate Flavour
Extra mini cones
For the base
1. Grease a 23 cm springform cake tin and set aside.
2. In a large resealable plastic bag, add the biscuits and crush to a fine crumb, using a rolling pin. Add the biscuit crumb to a bowl along with the melted butter and mix well until the crumbs are fully coated.
3. Press the crumbs into the cake tin and allow to set in the fridge until needed.
For the filling
1. Add the cold water to a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatine powder into the water in an even layer making sure all the gelatine is saturated. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Mix the yoghurt and condensed milk together in a bowl and add the lemon juice. Microwave the filling for 2-3 minutes. Remove the bowl, whisk rapidly and put back in the microwave for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Microwave the gelatine mix for 20 seconds at a time until completely dissolved. (Do not allow to boil). Pour the gelatine into the yoghurt mixture and mix well. Split the yoghurt into 5 bowls, adding incrementally less mixture per bowl.
4. Carefully add a drop of colouring to each bowl using a dropper, toothpick or skewer. For the purple colour mix a little blue and pink together. It’s best to add a little at a time until your desired colour has been achieved.
5. Carefully pour the purple mixture into the centre of the tin, then pour each colour into the centre in turn to create a bullseye effect. This colour sequence will look great! Purple > Yellow > Green > Pink > Blue
6. Refrigerate overnight for best results.
7. Prepare the white chocolate mousse by measuring 250 ml milk into a bowl. Add the Moir’s white chocolate mousse mixture and beat with an electric beater on low. Scrape the sides and beat another 2 and a half minutes on high speed. Spoon into a piping bag with a star nozzle and refrigerate 1 hour.
8. Slice the cake, pipe swirls of white chocolate mousse over the top of each slice and top with a mini cone to form the ‘unicorn horns’ and sprinkle with vermicelli. serve and ENJOY!!