1 cup Tastic Brown rice
1 green pepper
1 tbsp olive oil for frying
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
Chilli flakes (optional garnish
Parsley (optional garnish)
1. Bring 1 cup Tastic brown rice to the boil in lightly salted water. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 30-40 minutes.
2. Chop the green pepper and onion.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add cumin, garlic, parsley and paprika and stir until fragrant. Add the onion and green pepper and cook until the onion is browned.
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. Once all the liquid has cooked away, add the rice to the pan stirring to mix in the spices and onion/pepper.
6. Pack the rice tightly in a bowl, pat it down firmly, place a serving plate on top and flip, turning out so you have a round shape.
7. In a separate frying pan, fry an egg sunny side up.
8. Place the fried egg on top of the rice dome.
9. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chilli flakes and parsley before serving and ENJOY!