Veggie-Friendly Lasagne Rolls
5 large marrows, thinly sliced lengthwise
2 tbsp basil, chopped
2 cups baby spinach, finely chopped
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
1 large egg
Salt & pepper to taste
Tomato and Basil Pasta sauce 375ml
Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
1. Lay the zucchini strips out across a cooling rack (cooling rack allows excess water to drain). Sprinkle salt across the tops of the zucchini and let sit for about 10-15 minutes to let the water sweat out of the zucchini. Pat the water off the zucchini and then flip them over and repeat with the next side. Wipe off excess salt with a towel.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, basil, spinach, half of the mozzarella and egg. Stir well.
4. In a large casserole dish spread ½ cup Tomato and Basil Pasta sauce on the bottom.
5. Begin assembling the zucchini rolls by laying out the sliced zucchini strips on a flat, clean work top.
6. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture first over each individual zucchini strip. Then, add a spoonful of Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce over the top of the ricotta.
7. Carefully roll up the zucchini and place them tightly in the baking dish.
8. Spread the remaining Tomato and Basil sauce over the top of the rolls to fill the gaps. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
9. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the cheese on top is a nice golden brown.
10. Garnish with fresh basil leaves & ENJOY!