1 sliced white onion
1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 box Fry's Mince with vegan gravy
1 small tin of tomato paste
Olive oil for frying
2 rolls of puff pastry, defrosted
Micro herbs for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add some fresh thyme and season with salt and pepper. Once the onions have caramelised, remove from heat and set aside.
2. Fry mushrooms and garlic in a little oil until the mushrooms begin to soften and brown and set aside.
3. In a separate pan, prep the Fry’s Mince with Vegan Gravy according to the instructions on the pack. Add the tomato paste, and cook for another 5 minutes before setting aside. The mince shouldn’t be too wet.
4. Spray the braai grid with baking spray on both sides.
5. Unroll one of the rolls of puff pastry onto the grid.
6. Spoon the mince onto the puff pastry and spread this out to create an even layer - leaving a 2cm border around the edges of the pastry.
7. Top with a layer of mushrooms and a layer of onions. Break a few thyme leaves over the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
8. Unroll and the second layer of puff pastry over the top and fold the edges of pastry over and press gently to seal well.
9. Brush the top of the pie with olive oil.
10. Close the grid and braai the pie over medium coals, turning the grid regularly, for 15 minutes or until the pastry is crispy and cooked through.
11. Cut into squares and serve with braaied mielies and a fresh summer salad and a chutney/vegan mayo dipping sauce.
12. Garnish with fresh micro herbs and ENJOY!