⅓ cup lentils
½ cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
125g dark chocolate
½ cup peanut butter
1 cup oat flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch sea salt flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Grease and line a brownie tin.
2. Rinse the lentils thoroughly under running water. Transfer the rinsed lentils to a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until tender. Strain and place into the bowl of a food processor.
3. Add eggs, maple syrup and vanilla to the food processor and blend until lentils are smooth.
4. Combine butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set over a double boiler and melt.
5. Remove from the heat and pour into food processor. Add the peanut butter and blitz everything together.
6. In a large bowl combine the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
7. Pour in the wet ingredients and fold together until well combined.
8. Fill the brownie tin with batter and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out with moist crumbs.
9. Allow to cool cutting into squares & ENJOY!