4-INGREDIENT WHITE CHOCOLATE TART
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 2-3 hours
1½ packets (300g) coconut biscuits
½ cup melted unsalted butter
5½ cups white chocolate
1¾ cups cream
1. Prepare a Maxwell & Williams - 28cm White Basics Quiche Dish by adding a piece of plastic wrap to the base. *Chef’s Tip: This will ensure easy unmolding later!
2. Add the biscuits to a resealable plastic bag. Using a rolling pin lightly bash into fine crumbs. Transfer the crushed biscuits to a medium-sized bowl, add the melted butter and stir to combine.
3. Firmly press the biscuit mixture into the prepared pan, forming the base and sides of the tart, and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
4. For the chocolate ganache filling, chop the white chocolate into small pieces. In a medium bowl, microwave the cream for 1-2 minutes until just hot. Add the chopped chocolate to the hot cream and using the Berlinger Haus 4-Piece Nylon Kitchen Utensil Set - i-Rose Edition whisk, gently combine until melted and smooth.
5. Remove the tart pan from the fridge and carefully pour the chocolate ganache onto the biscuit base.
6. Refrigerate the tart for 2-3 hours or until set.
7. Once set, carefully unmold the tart, garnish with fresh berries and lemon zest. Slice, serve and ENJOY!
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN WELLINGTON PIES
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 50 minutes
2 (220g each) skinless and boneless chicken breasts
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp yellow mustard
4 slices mozzarella cheese
12 slices smoked ham
1 sheet (400g) store-bought puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line O2 Bake Non-Stick Cookie Pan Large, with baking paper.
2. On a chopping board, carefully butterfly both chicken breasts. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, honey and mustard and stir to mix. Generously brush the chicken with the honey mustard, then add two slices of cheese onto each chicken breast and fold the chicken, enclosing the cheese. Tuck the narrow ends of the chicken breasts under the thicker ends to form a ball. Brush with more honey mustard before carefully wrapping the chicken with ham to secure. Set aside.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll out the puff pastry and divide it into two squares. Place the wrapped chicken breasts onto the centre of the puff pastry squares. Wrap the chicken in the puff pastry and carefully bring the edges together at the top of the wellington to seal. Use any leftover pastry to create heart shaped decorations with Kitchen Inspire Cookie Cutters and set aside.
4. Transfer the wellingtons to the prepared baking tray, sealed side down, add the heart shaped puff pastry to decorate and lightly brush with the beaten egg. Using a sharp knife, carefully score the pastry.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Once baked, allow the chicken wellingtons to cool for 10 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Resting will ensure the steam doesn’t escape, keeping the chicken juicy!
7. Transfer the wellingtons to a plate using the Berlinger Haus 4-Piece Nylon Kitchen Utensil Set, i-Rose Edition, egg lifter. Serve each chicken wellington with gravy and a fresh salad. Garnish with chopped parsley and ENJOY!
4-INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY FROSÉ
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
3 cups (200g) frozen strawberries
3 cups sparkling rosé
3 tbsp honey
1 cup ice
1. In a blender, add the frozen strawberries, 2½ cups of rosé, honey and ice and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. *Chef’s Tip: Freeze fresh strawberries the night before if you don’t have frozen ones!
2. Pour the slushy mixture into two Bohemia Cristal Bar Gin Glasses and divide the remaining ½ cup of rosé over the top.
3. As an optional garnish, use the flower shaped Kitchen Inspire Cookie Cutters to cut out heart shaped strawberries using the fresh strawberries.
4. Serve each glass with the heart-shaped strawberry, a fresh sprig of mint and a straw and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
Best-ever ‘Hearty’ Dinner