Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 60 minutes
For the cookie base:
1 cup (230g) Flora Plant BUTTER™, softened
½ cup icing sugar, sieved
2 cups cake flour
For the chocolate cookies:
2 cups chocolate chunks
For the cherry cookies:
1 cup diced green and red glacé cherries
For the rainbow cookies:
½ cup rainbow sprinkles
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, use an electric beater to cream the softened Flora Plant BUTTER™ and icing sugar until it turns pale in colour and fluffy for about 2 minutes.
2. Sieve in the cake flour and fold until a smooth cookie dough forms.
3. For the chocolate flavour:
Fold the chocolate chunks through the cookie dough until evenly dispersed. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a neat log.
For the cherry flavour:
Add the diced green and red glacé cherries to the dough and fold until evenly dispersed. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a neat log.
For the rainbow flavour:
Evenly spread the sprinkles onto a flat, clean surface. Roll the dough into a neat log before carefully rolling the log through the sprinkles until the outside is evenly and fully coated.
4. Carefully, wrap the cookie dough logs in cling film and chill it in the freezer for 45-60 minutes or until firm to the touch.*Chef’s Tip: The cookie dough log can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months and sliced and baked as needed.
5. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
6. Use a serrated knife to cut the cookie dough log into 1,5cm thick disks. Arrange the disks on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden. *Chef’s Tip: Keep an eye on them during baking to ensure they don’t darken too much.
7. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before serving alongside a glass of milk and ENJOY!