Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 30 minutes
1 roll (400g) puff pastry, thawed
1 large egg
⅓ cup NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Powder
Serving suggestion: Raspberries
NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Flavoured Beverage
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Unroll the puff pastry and lay it horizontally on a lightly floured surface. *Chef’s Tip: Always work quickly when handling pastry!
3. Whisk the egg and brush an even layer over the pastry. Set the remaining egg wash aside for later use.
4. Sprinkle the NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Powder on top.
5. Cut the pastry sheet in half, from left to right to form 2 long sheets of pastry. *Chef’s Tip: A large chef’s knife or pizza cutter works best!
6. Tightly roll the sheet of pastry from left to right toward the middle, stopping at the centre. Then roll the right side of the pastry up towards the left side to meet in the centre as well. Repeat with the other sheet of pastry. *Chef’s Tip: Refrigerate the pastry for 10 minutes before slicing if it’s too soft!
7. Cut each pastry roll into 20 slices.
8. Arrange the sliced pastries on the baking trays, leaving about 3-5cm of space between each.
9. Brush the tops and sides of the pastries with the remaining egg wash.
10. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
11. Allow the pastries to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool for at least 20 minutes.
12. Arrange the pastries on a serving platter and garnish with berries. Serve with some hot chocolate and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍