Hands-on time: 12 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
½ packet (250g) spaghetti
1 tbsp salt, optional
1 large lemon, juice and zest
1 cup (115g) Flora Plant BUTTER™
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, or firm cheese of choice
½ tsp pepper, optional
Parsley, finely chopped
1. Place a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add 2½ cups boiling water and 1 tablespoon of salt to the pot. Allow the pasta to cook until al dente, about 7-8 minutes.
2. When al dente, set ½ cup of pasta water aside and strain away the rest.
3. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the strained pasta, the zest and juice from the lemon, Flora Plant BUTTER™ and the reserved pasta water to the pot. Mix until a thickened sauce forms. *Chef’s Tip: Flora Plant BUTTER™ is an excellent source of plant-based oils!
4. Once the sauce has thickened slightly, add ½ cup of parmesan cheese and pepper to the pot and stir until just combined. *Chef’s Tip: Any quick-cooking protein and vegetables can be added here.
5. Serve the pasta garnished with the remaining parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, and ENJOY!