Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
1 cup NESTLÉ KLIM Full Cream Instant Milk Powder
1 tbsp honey
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 drop orange food colouring (optional)
Serving suggestion: Mint leaves
1. Using the fine edge of a grater, zest 1 of the oranges and add the zest to a large mixing bowl.
2. Cut the oranges in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. *Chef’s Tip: Before using, firmly roll the oranges on a flat surface to release more liquid when juicing.
3. Whisk ½ cup of boiling water, the NESTLÉ KLIM Full Cream Instant Milk Powder, honey and vanilla essence together. Add it to the orange juice mixture and whisk in a drop of food colouring, if using.
4. Transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container with a lid and freeze for 2½ hours.
5. Using an electric hand mixer, beat the mixture for 30 seconds - 1 minute until smooth. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight until firm. *Chef’s Tip: The beating helps to ensure a smooth texture - a food processor can also be used!
6. Remove the sorbet 5-10 minutes before serving. Scoop a ball into each serving glass.
7. Garnish the sorbet with a mint leaf and ENJOY immediately!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍