½ cup sugar
8 tbsp Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin
2 cups ginger beer
4 cups ice cubes
1. Peel 3 large strips of zest from 1 of the lemons using a vegetable peeler.
2. Combine the sugar, lemon zest and half a cup of water in a small pot over a medium-high heat. Stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid comes to a boil.
3. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to come to room temperature. Strain to remove the rind.
4. Slice the lemons in half and squeeze the juice from each into the cooled sugar syrup. Stir to combine. *Chef’s Tip: Before slicing, roll the lemons on the counter with the palm of your hand. This will ensure that you can easily extract the juice from the lemons.
5. Add the ice cubes to a large resealable bag and beat using a rolling pin until crushed ice is formed.
6. Divide the crushed ice between the 4 glasses, filling each to the top.
7. Divide the lemon syrup between the 4 glasses, pouring over the crushed ice.
8. Add 2 tablespoons of Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin to each glass.
9. Fill each glass with ginger beer. Add a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint to garnish. Serve on a hot summer's day and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍