Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
1 cup (240g) butter, room temperature
½ cup golden brown sugar
2 cups cake flour, plus extra for dusting
¾ cup Kellogg’s® Coco Pops® Big 5 Chocolatey Paw Shaped Cereal
Glass of milk
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add the flour in two batches and beat until crumbly.
3. Lightly dust a clean surface with flour. Transfer the dough to the floured surface and use your hands to bring it all together. Knead lightly to form a smooth dough.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a thickness of 1cm. *Chef’s Tip : For easy rolling, use a clean glass bottle!
5. Lightly press the Kellogg’s® Coco Pops® Big 5 Chocolatey Paw Shaped Cereal into the dough, leaving a 1cm space between each paw.
6. Gently roll over the cereal-studded dough with a rolling pin.
7. Using a round glass with a 5cm diameter, cut out 20 rounds.*Chef’s Tip: For easy cutting, dip the rim of the glass in some flour and shake off the excess.
8. Arrange 12 rounds on the baking tray. *Chef’s Tip: Freeze the remaining rounds on a tray and bake when needed, 25-28 minutes.
9. Roll the cookie dough scraps into small balls, about ½ tsp of dough each, to form the toes of the paws. Roll 4 small balls for each cookie. Brush one side of each cookie round with some water and attach 4 cookie balls to the top of each to form the toes. Use your finger to press down lightly on each toe.
10.Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Leave the cookies on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
11. Serve the cookies with a glass of milk and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍