Makes 2 Hands-on time: 10 minutes Hands-off time: 6 hours or overnight
INGREDIENTS 6 strawberries, quartered 4 mint leaves, plus extra for the garnish 3 tins (200ml each) Schweppes Floral Pink Tonic Water No Sugar 2 shots (30ml each) gin MEATHOD 1. Divide the halved strawberries and mint leaves between two popsicle moulds. *Chef’s Tip: Party paper cups can be used as moulds.
2. Using the back of a wooden spoon crush the strawberries and mint until slightly puréed.
3. Divide 1 tin of Schweppes Floral Pink Tonic Water No Sugar between the two moulds and stir to mix. Add popsicle sticks and place into the freezer until frozen about 6 hours or overnight for the best result. *Chef’s Tip: Fill the moulds in batches to avoid the tonic bubbling over.
4. Fill 2 cocktail glasses generously with ice. Remove the popsicles from the moulds and gently place one into each glass.
5. Add a shot of gin over each and top each glass with a tin of Schweppes Floral Pink Tonic Water No Sugar. *Chef’s tip: Leave out the gin for a mocktail version.
6. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig in each drink, serve with a paper straw and ENJOY! *Chef’s tip: Popsicle can be eaten as is instead of in a drink-form.
Planning to try this? If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍