Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 3 hours
1 packet (200g) coconut biscuits
1½ cups cream, cold
⅓ cup Amarula Cream Liqueur, cold
1 tin (360g) caramel
3 slabs (49g each) peppermint chocolate, grated
1. Arrange biscuits in the bottom of a 20cm square dish, creating a single layer.
2. To a chilled, medium-sized bowl add the cold cream and Amarula Cream Liqueur. Use an electric beater to whisk until stiff peaks have formed.
3. In a separate bowl add the caramel and whisk until lump-free using the same beater.
4. Gently fold the Amarula cream, half at a time, and half of the grated chocolate through the smooth caramel. *Chef’s Tip: Be careful not to overwork the cream mixture and release all the air!
5. Spoon half of the tart mixture over the biscuit base and spread evenly using the back of a spoon.
6. Neatly stack another layer of biscuits onto the filling. Finish off with the remaining Amarula cream and spread evenly.
7. Generously sprinkle the remaining grated chocolate over the top of the tart and refrigerate to set for 3-4 hours or overnight for the best result.
8. Cut the tart into 9 even squares.*Chef's Tip: Dip your knife into hot water and wipe dry before cutting the tart for neater slicing.
9. Serve the tart with a small sprig of mint on each slice and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Pop the tart in the freezer 1 hour before serving for a refreshing ice cream version. This way, your layers will also be more prominent!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍