Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 35 minutes
1 pack (5’s) Grain Field Chickens Breast
¼ cup (60g) cream cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
10 large basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
3 cups store-bought tomato pasta sauce
Serving suggestion: Steamed rice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a square baking dish.
2. Place the Grain Field Chickens Breast Fillets onto a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, butterfly the breasts by cutting along the length of the breasts. Be sure not to cut all the way through, still keeping the two halves connected.
3. Arrange the sliced chicken breasts with the cut sides opened and facing upwards, revealing a butterfly shape.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese, followed by 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese and 2 basil leaves, onto one side of each butterflied chicken breast. *Chef’s Tip: A herb flavoured cream cheese can be used for extra flavour!
5. Seal the chicken breasts by folding the chicken side without cheese over the filled side. Arrange the breasts side by side into the baking dish.
6. Evenly pour and spread the store-bought tomato pasta sauce over the chicken, ensuring the chicken is completely covered. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. *Chef’s Tip: The baked chicken can be frozen after cooled to room temperature and reheated when needed.
7. Remove the baking dish from the oven and top the cooked base with the remaining grated cheese; bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
8. Serve the baked chicken with a sprinkling of the basil, alongside a starch of your choice, broccoli and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍